The International Network of Educational Institutes (INEI) brings together the top education-focused institutions from around the world. All eleven Deans from this network have endorsed a statement in response to the global Coronavirus pandemic that articulates a shared view of the importance of education to the global response to COVID-19. It emphasises “the utmost aim of education, which is to nurture and support individuals and groups in the development of their social, physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing through processes of inclusive and responsive teaching and learning” and commits members of the INEI to “undertaking the necessary intellectual and practical research work that must continue for the purposes of knowledge production and human development in a post-pandemic world”.
The eleven member institutes of the INEI are:
- The Melbourne Graduate School of Education, The University of Melbourne
- The School of Education, University of S?o Paulo
- Ontario Institute for the Study of Education, University of Toronto
- Faculty of Education, Beijing Normal University
- School of Education, Aarhus University
- Graduate School of Education, Hiroshima University
- National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technical University, Singapore
- School of Education, University of Cape Town
- College of Education, Seoul National University
- UCL, Institute of Education, London
- School of Education, University of Wisconsin-Madison.